Implementing the Malcolm Baldrige Quality Criteria
Positioning the organization to successfully compete in the global market is today's number one business challenge. A growing number of businesses and organizations are relying on the Malcolm Baldrige Quality Criteria for Performance Excellence to provide an edge over the competition and to achieve alignment with their partners.
Our Total Quality Management (TQM) Process series focuses on preparing the organization to achieve excellence in the seven Malcolm Baldrige criteria. In conjunction with assisting you to re-engineer the organization's quality activities, we also offer a TQM Workshop for team members. The seven principles that provide a systems perspective for managing the process include:
Leadership -- Enhancing the organization's leadership, public responsibility and corporate citizenship roles.
Strategic Planning -- Developing and deploying business strategies.
Customer & Market Focus -- Understanding your market and building customer relationships.
Information & Analysis -- Measuring and analyzing organizational performance, data and information.
Human Resource Focus -- Building improved work systems focused on job design, employee education and training.
Process Management -- Examining key aspects of process management activities, e.g., product and service delivery, support and supplier partnering.
Business Results -- Improving key business indices, e.g., customer satisfaction, product and service performance and financial performance.
Expected Organizational Results:
The end result of this systems-oriented approach to quality will be:
- Accelerated improvement of products and services
- Improved internal processes and organizational capabilities
- Improved ability to analyze processes from organizational feedback
- Increased performance standards and expectations with resultant economic growth
- Increased customer loyalty and brand recognition
Our Quality Professionals have many years of experience in process improvement techniques, formal training, Baldrige assessments, and site visits with the Greater Memphis Association for Quality and ISO auditors.
Organizations That Benefit:
- Government -- City, county, state and federal
- Manufacturing -- Companies that produce and sell manufactured products
- Service -- Those that provide and sell services
- Educational -- Those whose primary service is education and are eligible for 501(c)3 status
- Non-profit -- Community organizations that are eligible for 501(c)3 status
Total Quality Management Workshop
This three-day workshop teaches the tools and philosophy of a world class organization. It emphasizes that quality process management is an essential component of the organization's effectiveness. It focuses on the history of the quality movement, the impact of global competition, the benefits of implementing quality, the costs of defects, and becoming a world class organization.
The workshop explores the core competencies and concepts designed to achieve excellence in the seven principles of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Participants Will Learn:
- The nature of quality
- The benefits to the organization
- How to gain management and employee commitment
- How to conduct the customer-supplier alignment meeting
- Components of the FADE process
- How to structure Quality Action Teams
- The use of Continuous Improvement Teams
- TQM techniques and problem-solving
- Achieving break-through solutions
- Implementation strategies
- How to work the plan
- How to monitor the process
For additional information contact Small Planet Works via email at firstname.lastname@example.org